Employees save for their retirement through the Employees’ Provident Fund. A company needs to provide this benefit if it has more than 20 employees. With an EPF account, a portion of your income is invested on which you can earn interest at 8.1% per annum. A Universal Account Number (UAN) is given to you. Well, you need to ensure that your UAN is active. You can activate UAN online. Read this page and know the UAN Activation process.
Steps to Follow for UAN Activation
To activate UAN, you need to follow the below steps –
- Go to the EPFO homepage
- Go to ‘Member UAN/Online Services’
- Now, you’ll go to the UAN portal
- Press the ‘Activate UAN’ button
- Enter the following –
- UAN, member ID
- Aadhaar number
- Your Name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID
- End mentioning the details by ticking the captcha.
- Ask for authorization PIN
- Enter the PIN you get on your mobile
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Get your OTP validated and activated by clicking on the appropriate button
When you complete the above UAN Activation Process, you’ll receive a password on your registered mobile. Log in to your account entering the credential.
What If You Forgot the UAN Password?
In case you don’t remember your UAN Login password, follow the instructions –
- Enter your UAN, captcha and received OTP
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Now create a new password
After that, do UAN Login and check your account details without any hassle.
What Does UAN Activation Enable?
When you do UAN Activation, it will be easy for you to manage your EPF accounts. All you need to do is log in and follow the instructions to update details, withdraw money, etc. Check out the list of UAN Activation benefits below –
PF Withdrawal Online
You can withdraw money from your EPF account using your UAN. To withdraw money from your account, follow these steps
- Log in to your EPFO account using your UAN and password
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ and select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19, 10C & 10D)’ from the dropdown
- Now, the application appears on your screen
- Insert your bank account number
- Click on the ‘Verify’ button
- Choose the purpose of ‘EPF Advance’
- Enter your address
- Upload a passbook or cheque with your name printed on it
- Now, click on the ‘Get Aadhaar OTP’ button
- Wait for the OTP on your registered mobile
- Enter the same and click on the ‘Validate the Aadhaar OTP’
- Once you do that, the withdrawal application is submitted
Track Your Claim Status
With UAN Login, you can also track the status of your claim. Check out the below steps and know how it is done.
- Do UAN Login
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ button and select ‘Track Claim Status’ from the drop-down
- Now you can see the current status of your claim
Any one of the following results is going to display –
Under Process – It means your application is being reviewed by the PF office.
Rejected – The claim is not approved may be due to the wrong IFSC code, name not printed on the cheque or any other reason.
Approved – Shortly, the money will be transferred to your bank account
If you change your mobile, email address or bank account, log in using UAN and update those details. You can do the same by following the below steps –
- Click on the ‘Basic Details’
- And click on the ‘Update Button’
- Enter the new email address, mobile number and bank account details
- After that, click on the ‘Submit’ button
Later you can check the details and see whether they are updated.
So, you have learned from this article that UAN Activation is necessary. As it will help you manage the account without going to the PF office. From the convenience of your home, follow the steps and activate UAN online as discussed above.
Read Also: What Do You Mean By Minus One CIBIL Score?