House rewiring is not only for old houses. Even the modern buildings need rewiring every so often. Wiring in the house needs checkups at least every 5 years. More than half of fire emergencies happened because of faulty wiring or old wiring system. So, house rewiring can decrease the chance of fire hazards on your property. It is so important to keep track of the age of your electrical wires in the house.

The House rewiring process also has a cheaper price in comparison to future damages. It’s not all about the cost and money, electrical fires cause hundreds of deaths per year. Old and exposed wires are very dangerous. How to know it’s time for rewiring? We gathered the most common signs of house rewiring to help you find out.

Signs that Your Home Needs Rewiring

  1. An over-Amped panel

    It is the first bad sign you can get. An over-fused panel contain too much energy, so this is a sign that your house needs rewiring. An over-amped fuse box is like a ticking time bomb because there is just a matter of time until the electrical capacity becomes too much for the panel and finally boom! It’ll destroy anything in it.

    After that, you will end up with a series of problems like blown fuses, blown-out lights during the day and night and electrical surges.

  2. Hearing popping sounds

    Sounds like “s” and popping may be quite harmful to you and your family. If you are in a position where you are hearing this kind of sound (as we said before it’s like a snake’s sound), then you should contact an electrician immediately soon.

    Sizzling and popping indicate a faulty connection in your house wiring and electrical system. Loose connections as the main reason of this problem are harmful because they may generate an unstable transmission of electricity and this can lead your electrical appliances to death, which can cause your breaker box to burn up and your outlets to ignite at odd times.

  3. Cracked insulation

    The insulation between the exterior of your cable and your wires is critical for protecting your wires and preventing an electrical spark or electrocution. When our electrician inspects your house’s electrical rewiring, if they see any cables that are cracked, damaged, or cut, you should know that it would be better to immediately cease utilizing that cord.

    Electrical instabilities might result from a fractured or severed cable in your house. Inadequate insulation means your electrical lines aren’t performing as effectively as they should, and you might get a shock or start a fire if a major surge passes through them.

    Remember that cracked or broken cables, even if they don’t appear to be active, are extremely dangerous.

  4. Lots of extension cords

    Do you frequently use extension cables or generators in your home? Do you love to use extensions for many appliances in your kitchen? If this is the case, you are in an extremely dangerous position! It may only be a matter of time until the extension cables produce an electrical surge, resulting in an electrical fire or outage across your property.

    If you have a lot of extension cables, it suggests you’re plugging in far too many devices and appliances at once. This is a definite method to break your fuses, resulting in an electrical surge and probable fires.

  5. House over 25 years old

    If you know your house or apartment complex is more than 25 years old and has never been rewired, it’s a big sign! Old wires deteriorate with age and might become too loose and unstable to be used safely.

    The longer you neglect your old wiring, the more vulnerable you are to possible problems and hazards. Again, if anything about your electrical wiring appears, sounds feel or smells odd, contact a professional as soon as possible.

  6. Aluminum wiring

    Modern wiring is made of copper or silver. Aluminium wiring was popular in the 70s because aluminium was so cheap and accessible in comparison to other metals like copper. It was also so easy to install, so all of these reasons make it so popular among people. After a decade electrician finds out this type of wiring is so ineffective and dangerous for people, so they stopped using aluminium wiring but some of the houses built that day remain with aluminium wiring. If you live in a house which is built in 1970 or before, it would be great to change its electrical wiring to prevent fire damage.

  7. Flickering lights

    It’s like horror movies. buzzing or dimming lights are really dangerous! When you see flickering lights in your house, you should know there’s something wrong with your electrical system and its needs repair. There is a positive correlation between flickering lights and broken electrical appliances in the future, so if you want to keep your appliances in the best mood, take it seriously!

  8. Tripping circuit breaker

    A tripping circuit breaker is a serious issue for you and your family! If your circuit breaker trips whenever you connect so many appliances at once, this is a big alert! Probably your electrical system is not capable of supporting the electrical need in your house. Circuit breakers are designed to control power surges and if they are tripping so many times in a row, it means there is a problem and electrical rewiring can solve the problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *