In recent years, New Zealand has become a popular tourist destination for many people all over the world. Between its picturesque natural beauty and its unique culture, this country will attract almost any kind of traveler. If you are looking to explore the beauty of New Zealand, but are worried about the visa process. Read on for a complete guide to understanding what you need to know about applying for a New Zealand tourist visa.
What is the New Zealand Tourist Visa?
The New Zealand Tourist Visa is a visa that allows people to enter New Zealand for the purpose of tourism. It is valid for a maximum of nine months and allows the holder to travel freely within New Zealand. The visa can be applied for online and does not require a visit to a New Zealand embassy or consulate.
How to Apply for a New Zealand Tourist Visa
If you’re planning a trip to New Zealand, you’ll need to apply for a tourist visa. The process is relatively simple, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started.
- First, you’ll need to make sure you meet the basic requirements for a tourist visa. You must be at least 18 years old, have a passport that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure date from New Zealand, and have enough money to support yourself during your stay.
- Once you’ve determined that you meet the requirements, you can begin the application process. The first step is to fill out an online application form. You’ll need to provide some basic information about yourself, as well as your travel plans.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll need to pay the visa fee. The current fee is $160 NZD (New Zealand Dollars). You can pay by credit card, debit card, or bank transfer.
- After your payment has been processed, you’ll receive an email confirmation with your Visa Application Number. You’ll need this number when you check the status of your application online.
- The final step in the process is to submit your supporting documents.
The Advantages of a VISA vs. an ETA
There are a few key differences between a VISA and an ETA that you should be aware of before traveling to New Zealand.
An ETA is electronic, meaning that you do not need to apply for it through the embassy or consulate. You can apply for an ETA online, and it will be automatically linked to your passport. An ETA is also generally cheaper and faster to obtain than a VISA.
However, there are some advantages to having a VISA over an ETA. For one, a VISA allows you to stay in New Zealand for a longer period of time than an ETA. Additionally, a VISA gives you the ability to work in New Zealand, whereas an ETA does not.
So, which should you get? Ultimately, it depends on your individual needs and circumstances. If you plan on staying in New Zealand for a long period of time or working while you’re there, then you’ll need to apply for a VISA. However, if you’re just visiting for a short trip, then an NZETA will suffice.
Pros and Cons of the NZ Tourist Visa
There are pros and cons to every decision we make and the New Zealand Tourist Visa is no different. Let’s take a look at some of the key points for both before you decide whether or not this visa is right for you.
-You can stay in New Zealand for up to nine months on this visa.
-This visa allows you to work in New Zealand for up to three months.
-You can study for up to three months on this visa as well.
-This visa also allows you to travel to and from New Zealand as often as you like during its validity period.
-The NZ Tourist Visa is valid for two years.
-You must have a return ticket upon arrival in New Zealand or sufficient funds to purchase one before being granted this visa.
-Not allowed to extend your stay or apply for a new visa while in New Zealand on the NZ Tourist Visa.
-You are not allowed to work in New Zealand for more than three months (with some exceptions).
When Can I Enter New Zealand With My NZ Tourist Visa?
If you have a New Zealand Tourist Visa, you can enter the country at any time. However, keep in mind that your visa expires 90 days after you enter New Zealand. So if you plan on staying for a while, make sure to get a visa that will cover your entire stay.
The New Zealand tourist visa is a great option for those looking to travel to the country on a budget. The visa allows you to stay in New Zealand for up to three months, and it also provides you with access to some of the best sights and activities that the country has to offer. If you are planning on visiting New Zealand, be sure to check out the requirements for the New Zealand tourist visa so that you can make the most of your trip.