One of the fundamental elements of a home is the plumbing system. Are you looking for more information, prices and professional plumbers in your area? Continue reading this guide on domestic plumbing.
The costs of the plumbing system:
The costs of a plumbing system cannot be indicated precisely. These vary, in fact, based on the type of material chosen. The surface of the house, the characteristics of the sanitary ware. The type of boiler and, of course, the invoice of the company or the workers who carry out the work. For the construction or renovation of the kitchen plumbing system. The costs are around $ 2,000; for the construction or renovation of the bathroom plumbing system. The costs are around $ 2,500; finally, the construction or renovation of the kitchen and bathroom plumbing system costs about $ 4,000.
In the following table you will find more details on the indicative costs of a plumbing system.
What are the additional costs of a plumbing system?
At the costs indicated in the previous table. It must be specified that if it is a question of the renovation of the sanitary system. It is necessary to think about the demolition of the old system with the related disposal works. This affects the final cost of the plumbing system.
Another aspect to take into consideration is that costs change depending on the city in which you reside and can also vary from one region to another.
Finally, always in the case of renovations, should not be forgotten the timing foreseen for the completion of the works which can take up to a week, up to fifteen days.
Do you need to build a plumbing system? Here’s where to start
- Even before starting work on the construction of the plumbing system for your home. Whether it is renovation work or a new construction. You need to have a clear idea of the type of system you want to perform.
- First of all, it is necessary to have in mind the overall budget. The type of plumbing system needed, the type of materials. Of course, the person who will have to perform the work.
- The budget is often the determining part of all the work since it is important to achieve an excellent quality-price ratio.
Once you have identified the available budget. You can start planning the position. The boiler will have, the sanitary fittings to be installed in the bathroom and the various taps in the rest of the house.
All components of the hydraulic system:
When you think about the hydraulic system, very often you do not know all its necessary components. What, then, is a plumbing system composed of? Here is a list of all the components and their function:
- The drainage network disposes of the used water
- The purifier is installed to make the water drinkable or less hard
- The pipes and accessories for water conduction
- The boiler for the production of hot water for domestic and sanitary uses
- The taps for water supply
- The sanitary fittings and accessories connected to the drains
- The drainage network to remove the water used towards the sewer system
- In addition to these elements, it is necessary to take into account the pipes connected inside the house with their insulating materials.
How to choose the right plumber?
- If it is not a question of emergency plumbing, to reduce the costs of a plumbing system. Save on the final cost. It is advisable to ask several plumbers, experts and members of the register. For more than one free estimate, describing the work to be carried out.
- When comparing quotes it is important to evaluate whether a plumber is reliable. Inquiring through online profiles and the quality of the document that you will find in front of you.
- Sometimes we are led to carry out renovations through do-it-yourself. But this type of solution is not suitable because it is quite complex work that cannot be left to personal interpretation.
- Knowing the materials and their use in hydraulic works is an indispensable element for the renovation to be carried out in a workmanlike manner.
- Finally, do not forget the issue of a suitable certification, essential for demonstrating. Proving the actual completion of the work, something that do-it-yourself does not provide.
Only suitable personnel can release and guarantee for a correct execution of the works.
Conformity certification of the Plumbing system:
Not everyone is aware that the plumber or the company that carries out the installation work of the system is required to issue a declaration of conformity of the system, which serves to certify that everything has been carried out in accordance with the law, in full compliance with the laws. and current regulations.
The certificate of conformity of the plumbing system is an essential document to demonstrate that the works have been carried out and that they have been carried out and concluded with criteria that comply with the laws. This certificate is also an essential element for requesting the tax breaks and deductions provided by the State.
The certificate is also important in the event of the property being sold: it is an indispensable document that unequivocally and objectively testifies that hydraulic remediation work has been carried out in accordance with the law.
Do not forget the maintenance of the plumbing system:
- Once the renovation of the plumbing system has been completed, but also after the construction of a new one, its maintenance must not be forgotten.
- One of the main maintenance works is cleaning the house pipes. This type of maintenance brings several advantages including a good increase in yield. A substantial reduction in consumption with evident economic savings, slowing down the corrosion of the pipes. Also for the maintenance of the plumbing system, as well as for its construction, it is good to rely on plumbers or reliable companies that offer guarantees of experience.
- Often, in fact, washing that is not accurate or carried out with unsuitable materials can cause worse damage than failure to clean. If you carry out this routine maintenance, make sure no chemicals are used in the systems and pipes. Things yous should know before wall drilling
- Finally, a thorough cleaning of the taps in the bathroom, kitchen and the whole house is necessary to prevent the formation of rust and limescale and unblocking. For this type of cleaning, ordinary maintenance with specific products and extraordinary maintenance with products suitable for the complete formation of rust and limescale is sufficient.