Here is the complete information regarding CUET 2022.
CUET (Common University Entrance Test), previously called CUCET (Central University Common Entrance Test), is a national-level test held for admission to UG Programmes. Conducted by National Testing Agency, CUET 2022 will be accepted by 40+ educational institutions of India. These include 45+ Central Universities and some State universities of India. Owing to the recent changes, CUET has also paved the way to admission in reputed institutions like DU, JNU, and BHU.
In this article, you will get to know all about CUET 2022.
CUET Notification 2022
CUET 2022 will be held in computer-based mode. It is expected to be conducted over a period of somedays in multiple shifts, as per the number of candidates and sectional tests selected by them. The following table displays the timeline of CUET 2022:
CUET 2022: Important Dates
|Registration Start Date||6 April, 2022|
|Registration Last Date||6 May, 2022|
|Admit Card Release||To be notified|
|Date of Examination||First and second week of July, 2022|
CUET Exam Pattern 2022
CUET is composed of four sections, made up of objective questions. Its difficulty level is near equivalent to class 12th only, and the questions are fetched from the topics of NCERT textbooks. As per the institute-specific rules, you have to opt for two or more sections in CUET.
Below table illustrates the section-wise details of the CUET exam pattern:
|Sections||No. of Questions to be Attempted||Time Limits|
|IA – Languages||40 out of total 50, per language
|45 minutes per language test|
|IB – Languages|
|II – Domain Subject||40 out of total 50||45 minutes per subject test|
|III – General Test||60 out of 75||60 minutes|
Candidates can take CUET in any of the following 13 languages: English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Kannada, Odiya, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, and Assamese.
CUET Marking Criteria:
Each question carries one mark, and 0.25 marks is deducted for every incorrect answer.
You are required to cover the following areas and topics for different sections of CUET:
Language-based sections consist of Reading Comprehension passages that are either narrativeor factual. These passages are followed by questions that test your knowledge of the selected languages.
For the first language test, there are a set of 13 languages to opt from:
In this section, the candidate needs toappear for the language test for any of the following 20 languages:
This section comprises questions from the particular subject you chose among the list of 27 subjects. These subjects are the ones you studied in class 12th. For CUET, you can select from the following areas:
- Accountancy/ Book-keeping
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- Political Science
- Teaching Aptitude
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Fine Arts/Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts
- Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/Oddisi/Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theatre (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ RabindraSangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
The purpose of this section is to evaluate your aptitude and general awareness. However, only some institutes and courses entail the scores of General Test. Its questions are drawn from the following areas:
- General Mental Ability and Numerical Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning (application of basic mathematical concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, mensuration, and statistics; of grade 8th level)
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Rules for CUET Sections
While appearing for CUET 2022, the candidates have to follow certain rules for attempting different sections:
- You can opt for a maximum of 9 sectional test. It can be:
- 2 Language Tests + 1 General Test + 6 Domain Subject Tests
- 3 Language Tests +1 General Test + 5 Domain Subject Tests
- You can choose a maximum of 3 languages for Section IA and IB together. However, the language test for Section IB must be different than that of Section IA. In case, if you want to opt for a third language, you must select it instead of a 6th domain-specific subject, if required.
- Ideally, you should go for the languages/subjects you studied in Class 12th. Further, if the University allows otherwise, you can choose other languages/subjects also.
Lastly, if the stream/course you aspire to get into is not available in the stated list of 27 subjects, you can take up one of its related fields/branches.
With the widened acceptance of CUET, there will be 1000+ admission seats offered across prestigious institutions of India. The recent changes have made the entire process of admission common and fair for students of all backgrounds. Although the level of exam is quite easy, the number of test-takers will increase manifold. So, you need to adopt a smart preparation strategy that makes you stand out in the competition.